Monday, July 26, 2010

Spiderweb Blocks for Natalie

bee blocks for Natalie
Here's another new-to-me block. I had fun making these on Saturday. After I finished them up I realized that the spiderwebs in the finished quilt will be made from four separate blocks... and the way I made mine might not have been the best approach. Oh well. Also, I tried really hard to be precise with the placement of the gray kite shape, and still ended up a bit off when I sewed the two halves together. These are picky blocks!

Natalie asked us to make a little quilt for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative with the scraps. If we wanted. I didn't have time to do anything fancy, but I pieced this together this afternoon. I kind of like it, and these Hope Valley colors are growing on me.
Ami Simms Alzheimer Quilt top


Leslie said...

these are beautiful

Nancy said...

The Spiderweb looks great. Those long skinny points are a challenge, but looks like you did very well.