Thursday, November 19, 2009
Yay, it's finished! It could still use a hanging sleeve and label, but I'm calling it finished. Here are some stats:
*Started February 2002 in Provo, UT, finished November 2009 in Kansas.
*Pattern is from American Patchwork and Quilting, I will look up the issue number later.
*Dove appliques were made by sewing the shapes right side to interfacing, then cutting a slit in the interfacing to turn them right side out. This way I didn't need to worry about keeping the edges in line as I appliqued them to the background.
*Berries and leaves were done in a needle-turn sort of method.
*Hand quilted with DMC perle cotton. I prefer quilting with 2 strands of embroidery floss; you can pop the knots to the inside.
*I didn't buy enough binding fabric the other day and I was NOT going back so I found a couple of similarly colored fabrics and did another monochromatic-yet-scrappy binding.
*I wish the leaves were made of lighter greens to contrast better with the blue backing.
Projects on my mind:
*some sort of Advent calendar, maybe made with wool felt stockings and mittens.
*long sleeve t-shirts for me, kind of fancied up.
Posted by Vicki at 5:29 PM