Sunday, November 08, 2009

improv pincushion

I sewed the binding on some of the Project Improv quilts for Jacquie, and I had a whole bunch of pins I needed to give back to her. I looked in my scraps and found a little square I started back when I was making my quilt block for the project. Here's the quick little pincushion I made from it:
It's stuffed with polyfil and has a few spoonfuls of dry rice in the bottom to give it some weight.
I think I might need to make some more of these.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute!

Amy - Park City Girl said...

Good color combos in there :) And I like the idea of using rice!

Blue Is Bleu said...

Ooh that's what my pincushion needs... rice! It flops everywhere... next one will have rice! Hehe :)

Natalia said...

Very cute! I like the rice idea also!