Here we are with just a few short weeks of shopping time left until Christmas. Are you having a hard time coming up with gift ideas for your favorite quilter? Here's a list of 10 gift ideas for quilters.
1. Flat Flower Pins. While I was working on quilt bindings for Project Improv I had a bunch of these extra long flower pins of Jacquie's. I gave them back to her a couple weeks ago, and I miss them! I haven't bought new pins since about 8th grade so I'm hoping some of these pins end up in my stocking on Christmas morning.
2. Curved Safety Pins. Great for basting quilts before quilting.
3. Needles. I like this multi-size package of hand sewing needles.
4. Box of 100 Schmetz universal sewing machine needles. Changing your needle often is a good thing!
5. Fabric! Moda precut fabrics like charm packs, honey buns, and layer cakes are all good choices.
6. Gift Certificates are good gifts too! You can get gift certificates for the large chain stores as well as your local quilt shops, and don't forget there are many great online quilt fabric shops. Here are a few that I like: Crazyquiltgirl fabric shop, Pink Chalk Fabrics, and fabric.com.
7. Not exactly quilting related, but necessary: chocolate. I love Harry and David truffles. And Dove chocolate, too.
8. Time. I think most quilters would appreciate the gift of time to work on their projects. Especially those of us that are moms.
9. Rotary cutter blade 5-pack. Rotary blades are something that nearly every quilter uses and they need to be replaced fairly often.
10. Magazines! A few varied newsstand issues would be a great gift for a quilter, as would a subscription to a quilting magazine. Here are a few that look interesting to me:
Australian Patchwork and Quilting
Quilting Arts Magazine
Did I forget something? If you sew or quilt, what would you put on a wish list? I'd love to know what you're hoping to receive (or give) this holiday season.
And, for more ideas and inspiration for quilty gifts, please visit Amy at Park City Girl and Natalia at Piece N Quilt. Happy Shopping!