I decided to try a different take on the 100 things thing. So... here goes.
1. A small bear, when I was 6.
2. A navy and white polka dot skirt with a ruffle for 4-H, age 9.
3. A light blue floral dress with elastic in the neck, waist, and sleeves, for my 2nd year of 4-H.
4. Light blue dressy pants and vest with coordinating button-up shirt, age 11. Again for 4-H. Sadly, the fit was poor and I quite disliked this outfit. I learned to do a collar at this time.
5. Boatneck t-shirts for myself and my sisters, around age 10-11.
6. Culottes, I made a yellow pair and a white pair. Still age 10-11.
7. Loads of cloth diapers. My mom used the flat style and her sewing machine had a foot that could do a very narrow rolled hem. I remember hemming a whole bunch of these when I was 9.
8. Barbie clothes. I remember pink taffeta capri pants and dresses with a fitted bodice and puffy sleeves and gathered skirt.
9. A green and white print skirt. Age 15 or so. Gathered skirt on a flat waistband.
10. Navy blue shorts out of a kind of crinkly twill. Age 15.
11. Pink wool dress, for the National Make It Yourself With Wool Contest in 10th grade. Don't you love the princess lines, and the lace collar? I sewed the zipper in that baby by hand.
12. My ugly quilt. Made in 8th grade out of a rainbow of double-knit polyester. My grandma helped me make it, and I love it.
13. Pillowcase in 8th grade sewing class.
14. "Jam shorts" (remember those?) in 8th grade sewing class.
15. Oversized turquoise sweatshirt with pockets in 8th grade sewing class.
16. Floral skirt out of chintz. High school.
17. Shorts made from quilters' cottons. High school.
18. Mock-neck shirt with long sleeves, made from white french terry or something like that. High school.
19. Blue and pink puppy. Jr. high.
20. White teddy bear. High school.
21. Straight leg jeans, age 10.
22. Green taffeta and white lace dress, junior year. (Made from this pattern.
23. Laura Ashley pattern light green and white dress, senior year.
24. Dresses for my mom and her sister for my uncle's wedding, senior year. Pink.
25. My wedding dress. age 23.
26. My friend A's wedding dress.
27. A huge, heavy jeans quilt.
28. Flannel pj pants made with chicken print fabric.
29. Khakis for my oldest son when he was about 2, made from recycled husband's pants.
30. Navy sweatshirt knit pants for ds1 when he was 6 months old.
31. Red, white, and blue quilt for ds1.
32. "Cold blanket" for ds1.
33. Quilt for my niece S.
34. Quilt for my niece C.
35. Diapers for ds1, lots of them.
36. Linen maternity pants when pregnant with ds2.
37. Prepatch maternity skirt when pregnant with ds2.
38. Baby quilt for ds2.
39. Big quilt for ds1.
40. Fleece pants for ds2, when he was a baby.
41. Romper for ds2 for his baby blessing. Light blue and light green homespun plaid. Really cute.
42. Overlap t-shirts for ds2 for his first winter. NCBE pattern.
43. Knotted hats for ds2, his first winter. (overlap shirts, fleece pants, and knotty hats from this pattern.)
44. Eared hat for ds2, his first winter.
45. Flannel pants, purple and green plaid, back in college.
46. A tiny outfit, in 1/4 scale, for my flat pattern design class in college. Pleated yoked skirt and blouse with a sailor collar and long sleeves.
47. Snowboarder Ottobre hats for my boys, 2005.
48. Pointy hats for my boys, 2006.
49. Kitchen curtains in our first house.
50. A quilty birthday calendar made for my mom's 50th birthday party. I don't have any photos of it!
51. A witch quilt for Halloween.
52. A red, white, and blue flag and star quilt wall hanging.
53. Recycled jeans frayed edge rag quilt with yellow and turquoise flannel backing.
54. A turtle wall hanging quilt.
55. Yellow print flying geese quilt, queen size.
56. Baby quilt for nephew B.
57. Baby quilt for niece C.
58. My second make it with wool outfit, a dark teal slim skirt and a cropped, cream colored jacket. (Oh man there is a big story about the night of that competition).
59. Baby quilt for nephew C.
60. Finger puppets with ds and friends, 2006.
61. Purple corduroy library bag.
62. Purple corduroy long skirt for me.
63. Purple corduroy jean jacket for me.
64. Purple corduroy bag for a friend.
65. A tiny, quilty, flag fridge magnet.
66. Flannel pajama pants for my boys.
67. Woven pj shorts for my boys.
68. White undershirts for younger ds when he was 2.
69. Maroon/beige/pink quilt for the end of my bed.
70. Pink pillowcases for my bed.
71. Darth Vader and Yoda pillowcases for ds1.
72. Light blue denim skirt for me.
73. Baby dresses and bloomers for my friend and my niece.
74. Yellow knit dress for next-door neighbor 3 yo.
75. Twirly skirt for neighbor 3-yo.
76. Red and gray striped shirts with red long sleeves for my boys.
77. An offwhite backpack bag for church, with an orange and pink prepatch inner. 2002.
78. Diapers for my younger son, fitted ones and prefolds too.
79. Poquito pants for my younger son.
80. A small quilted wall hanging for my MIL.
81. A roll-up portable chalkboard.
82. 4 Alice in Wonderland dresses.
83. Navy blue hooded sweatshirts for my boys.
84. A pink floral skirt, cut on the bias, for me (1999).
85. Sage green bridesmaid dress, 1997.
86. Dark green bridesmaid dress, 1997.
87. Maroon bridesmaid dress, 1995.
88. Dress made of bandanna fabric, 1995 (poor fit, that. Also not a good style for my body.)
89. Shorts with pockets over the knee, first for my older boy, now my little one wears them.
90. Fleece socks.
91. Hooded sweatshirt for dh, blue sherpa.
92. Hooded sweatshirt for me, pink.
93. Wrap around blouse for me.
94. Flounced skirt for me.
95. Pink skirt for me.
96. Black linen skirt for me.
97. gathered neck t-shirt for me.
98. Shorts for my boys. 2007.
99. Red hooded sweatshirts for my boys.
100. Boxer briefs for my boys.