I spent a some time working on blocks for my Naked Bed Challenge quilt again yesterday and Tuesday, and I made some good progress! I now have 8 completed blocks and a few more in process (remember I only need 16 total). Here are some pictures I took yesterday:
(above: finished but not trimmed)
(these ones aren't done yet)
I'm finding that it's easier to work on 3 or 4 blocks at a time than it is to work on just 2. That way I can set up to sew the next piece on a few blocks at a time instead of just one, and each time I go to the ironing board I'm pressing more than one as well.
I bought a fat quarter of gray Moda crossweave to see how I liked it, and it is going to be the sashing and border for this quilt! (You can see it in the top left block in the photo immediately above.) I ordered more yesterday and can't wait for it to arrive. I'm planning on another big sewing session today--going to spend some time cleaning the kitchen up first!