Monday, July 26, 2010

Spiderweb Blocks for Natalie

bee blocks for Natalie
Here's another new-to-me block. I had fun making these on Saturday. After I finished them up I realized that the spiderwebs in the finished quilt will be made from four separate blocks... and the way I made mine might not have been the best approach. Oh well. Also, I tried really hard to be precise with the placement of the gray kite shape, and still ended up a bit off when I sewed the two halves together. These are picky blocks!

Natalie asked us to make a little quilt for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative with the scraps. If we wanted. I didn't have time to do anything fancy, but I pieced this together this afternoon. I kind of like it, and these Hope Valley colors are growing on me.
Ami Simms Alzheimer Quilt top


Nancy said...

The Spiderweb looks great. Those long skinny points are a challenge, but looks like you did very well.